To get rid of an awful smell from your shoes, you can try the following steps:
1. Remove any insoles or inserts from your shoes, if possible.
2. Sprinkle baking soda inside your shoes and let it sit overnight. Baking soda helps absorb odors.
3. Shake out the baking soda from your shoes the next day.
4. If the smell persists, you can try using a mixture of equal parts water and vinegar. Dampen a cloth with the mixture and wipe the inside of your shoes. Let them air dry.
5. Consider using odor-absorbing products like activated charcoal or shoe deodorizers to keep your shoes smelling fresh.
6. Make sure to keep your shoes clean and dry to prevent future odors. Allow them to air out after each use and avoid wearing them for long periods without a break.
Remember, these are general tips and may not work for all types of shoes or odors. If the smell persists or if you have any concerns, it's always best to consult a professional shoe cleaner or a footwear specialist for further assistance.
Note: if you are in the market for a new pair of odorless handmade Italian leather shoes, visit : www.tuccipolo.com